Phoenix Urgent Treatment Centre, based at the Phoenix Health Centre, offers on-the-spot treatment (without an appointment) and advice for minor health problems, minor illnesses, ailments and minor injuries.
Phoenix Health Centre
Tel: 01902 444677
Monday - Sunday (including bank holidays): 8:00am - 8:00pm
This service is available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
When Phoenix Urgent Treatment Centre is closed, please dial NHS 111 for healthcare advice, or access NHS 111 online at www.111.nhs.uk
Phoenix Urgent Treatment Centre can treat the following minor ailments:
- Coughs, colds, flu like symptoms and hay fever
- Ear, nose and throat problems including minor infections, sore throats, ear-ache
- Emergency hormonal contraception (Morning after pill)
- Eye problems (conjunctivitis, styes)
- Headache and dizziness
- High Temperature
- Minor cuts, bruises, burns, scalds, head injuries, insect bites
- Muscle and joint injuries such as strains and sprains, back pain, tendonitis
- Pregnancy testing / advice and appropriate referral
- Advice on Sexually transmitted diseases and thrush.
- Urinary / Sexual health advice.
- Skin complaints including rashes, minor allergic reactions, scabies, head lice, sunburn and nappy rash
- Stomach ache, indigestion constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea (over 48 hours)
Please do not attend if you have had diarrhoea or/and vomiting in the last 48 hours. If so please ring NHS 111.
- Short term bridging prescriptions maybe given. To facilitate this patients need proof of their prescriptions with them when attending. All requests for any prescriptions will be considered on an individual basis